How to share your photos (new for 2021!):
We’re now encouraging all our contributors to use the Coastal Observer app! If you’re looking for information on other ways to collect observations, see below:
1. Share your photos with us on the What’s your water level? application
2. You can also share your photos on our Facebook page
3. Or post your King Tides photos on Flickr
- Become a member of our King Tides NC group (learn how here)
- Find us on Flickr and request to join the King Tides NC group.
- In this group you will be able to share photos and have discussions with other members.
- Please understand that by sharing your photos in this group you are giving the NC King Tides Project permission to use your photos for non-commercial uses such as presentations and educational materials.*
- Download the Flickr app for iphone, android, or windows phones to make it super easy to share!
- Here are step by step guides of how to upload photos to Flickr via the computer, iPhone, or Android.
- Name and caption your photo with all the details!
- Address (as specific as you feel comfortable sharing)
- Latitude and longitude
- Photographer’s name
- Set the copyright settings to “Attribution-NonCommerical-ShareAlike” or “Attribution-Non-Commerical-NoDerivs” which gives us legal permission to use your photos for promotional materials.